PREPARATION > VERTICAL COOKER
The vertical cooker conditions the seeds by regulating temperature and humidity.
The main aims of the process are:
- To provide seed plasticity.
- To reduce oil viscosity.
- To bring about coagulation of proteins.
- To sterilize the seeds.
- To decontaminate undesirable components in the seeds.
- The heating medium is water vapor in a pressure range of 6-8 bar. Seeds are heated to 90-110 °C for pressing and 65-72 °C for direct extraction.
- Certified by the EEC (European Economic Community) for elements exposed to pressure.
- Material passage system on each floor, mechanically operated and externally regulated.
- Stainless steel steam exhaust.
- Independent manhole per floor.
- High quality main operation reducer.
- Independent steam injection and condensed steam recollection system per floor.
- Axial bearing housing for vertical axle supporting.
- Specially designed stirrers in each floor.
Technical Characteristics and Measures
* Please check for capacities for other oilseeds. ** Weight including legs and motor